Our goal is to help chronic migraine sufferers find relief.
We intend to provide chronic migraine sufferers an alternative therapy. We’re developing a system designed specifically to target migraine signals within the head and exploring how this may benefit chronic migraine patients.
Migraine is not just a headache.
It’s a neurological disorder.
Migraine is a recurrent, disabling neurological disorder with debilitating symptoms.
- Incapacitating head pain, worsened by physical activity/movement
- Pain on one or both sides of the head
- Throbbing pain or pressure-like pain
- Visual disturbances
- Sensitivity to light, sound, smells
- Nausea, dizziness
- 2nd leading cause of disability globally
- Affects 40 million people in the U.S., mostly women
Migraine is a progressive disorder. The frequency of migraine attacks can increase, leading to a chronic condition.
Living with chronic migraine is about more than enduring the symptoms. Chronic migraine makes engaging in daily activities challenging. It can impact employment, income, relationships, and mental health.
- 15+ headache days per month for more than 3 months
- 8 headache days have migraine features
- Episodes can last more than 24 hours
- Affects 3-5% of U.S. population
- 63% are unable to maintain employment
Andreou, A.P., Edvinsson, L. Mechanisms of migraine as a chronic evolutive condition.
J Headache Pain 20, 117 (2019).
Steiner, T.J., Stovner, L.J., Jensen, R. et al. Migraine remains second among the world’s causes of disability, and first among young women: findings from GBD2019.
J Headache Pain 21, 137 (2020).
Neuromodulation therapy for chronic migraine.
For patients whom medications don’t reduce the frequency and/or severity of chronic migraine, neuromodulation may be an effective solution. Our migraine-specific device is placed beneath the skin and is designed to provide stimulation to targeted nerves in order to relieve chronic migraine symptoms.